Thursday, May 1, 2008

Pneumonia!!

We had a bit of a scare last week. Garrick had been sick for a couple of weeks, he has had this insane runny nose which we thought was allergies. He had a rough night both Tuesday and Wednesday because he couldn't breath well, we thought he was just really congested. Thursday he started to cough, which is normal because he has asthma, so I didn't really worry. Then on Friday I was down at an assembly and one of the secretaries came to get me saying my Mom had called and it was about Garrick. I hurried to call and she said he was really struggling to breath, that he couldn't hardly breath at all. Needless to say I rushed out of school and we took him to the ER. They gave him some breathing treatments and took some x-rays and about 3 hours later they informed us that he had pneumonia in his left lung. They weren't really worried about him and the doctor said we needed to see the nurse and then they would release him, as long as we were comfortable taking him home. He had just zonked out when the nurse came in with some antibiotic and our discharge papers. She said she just had to check his vitals, his oxygen levels were low, so we spent another hour putting oxygen on him and waking him up to see if he could maintain normal oxygen if he was awake. I was really happy that he could and they let us go home. We were so scared and are really glad that he is doing okay now, which he is. Sick kids are really scary.

6 comments:

Widdisons said...

Scary, sounds like no fun. We're glad that little farm boy is feeling better! He is a cute one!
You tile and paint is looking real good. We're jealous! Come do ours!!! :o)

Mandy said...

I am so sorry! I had no idea! I hate sick kids too and I truly dont know what I would do if Addi ever really got sick! I freak out when her temp is 99 degrees! What would I do then. Im sorry and I hope he gets feeling all better soon

Bench Family said...

That's junky he isn't feeling well. I hope things turn around quickly. Good Luck!

The Perkins said...

That is so scary, so glad to hear he is okay! We need to meet this little man sometime :), we came up to Roy last weekend but it was a really quick trip, next time we are up we will call for sure.

Ellie said...

We're so glad to hear he is feeling better, It is so heart breaking when your kids are sick.

Annita said...

Hey! When are you going to update your blog? I need more funny stories about the Ick Man
Annita