Friday, May 16, 2008

Angel


My son is an angel. Now how many people talk about their two year olds like that? I would say very few. It seems like finding a sitter ahs always just worked out for us, which has been really nice. But the last couple of weeks we have gotten in a bind, luckily my mom (who is wonderful) has bailed us out. This week we couldn't find any one to babysit Icky on Thursday. Because I wanted to save my days off for the fall in case I wanted to take some maternity the first couple of weeks of school, and it is the last full week of school, I took Garrick to work with me. I didn't have a lot planned and I knew my students would love it. I was just worried about getting exhausted and that he wouldn't behave. I was actually happy in the long run that I got to spend the day with him and although we were both tired by the end of the day, we had a great time. He was so cute, he talked to the students and chatted with people in the hall. I had a couple of meetings and he sat on the chair and was quiet and behaved. He played well during my classes. He was really funny too. He has this specific chair he sits in and someone during first period sat in his chair, he went up to her and began pushing her and telling her to "Get outa there." The whole class was laughing.

So we are at the end of the day and he didn't get a nap and we still have to go to the NHS closing social at the bowling alley. He was so good he cheered for the kids bowling and he rolled a couple of balls. He kept trying to pick the 15 pound balls up to roll down the lane. Then he just played in the arcade, by about 4:30 I could tell he had had it but we stayed until about 5:00. I put him in the car and we started home. He was quiet but I didn't worry about it. Just as I was pulling on the on ramp I looked back and he is fighting so hard to keep his eyes open. The lids were open but his eyes were rolling into the back of his head. I was laughing so hard, because I know he had to be really tired. So long story long. My boy was an angel for me and I miss him today at work, only a week left!!!

1 comment:

Bench Family said...

You are so lucky! I can't believe how grown up he is. I can't wait to see you guys this summer.