Sunday, January 11, 2009

Finally Christmas

We had a great holiday and I know that I am the last person on the planet to blog about it but here it is. We started out by heading down to Carl's parents on the 22nd. Garrick, Marley and I rode the Frontrunner down, Garrick kept asking if we were going to the north pole. Needless to say he threw a fit when we got off the train. On Christmas Eve we went to Carl's sister Andrea's house for some cousin presents and a story.
Afterwards Icky decided he was going to have a sleepover on an air matress with his cousins, Abby and Erin, they both went to sleep and he kept asking about Santa. It was cute that he was so excited.

He woke up at about 7:00 and once he saw his Hogwarts Express he didn't want anything to do with the other things we got for him. It took me an hour, literally to get him to unwrap even one gift. Meanwhile Marley was unwrapping and eating paper to her hearts content. She LOVED the paper. Christmas was great and Santa really scored with the Hogwarts Express. (Oh, and the ball and little teathing blanket I made. I'm very proud of my handi work.)
We headed back up for the Gatherum family Christmas party, which is always fun but a little chaotic. Uncle Kev is always playing with one of the little ones. Icky always loves when Uncle Josh is in town because they wrestle, but this time they made Marley cry, she thought Josh was hurting the little Ick.
Then back down to Fairview for sledding and New Years Eve, which was really fun but uneventful.

We had a great holiday, and now have learned that it will be wiser to save up for the wonderful day. Thanks fam, especially the kids, for making the holiday so fun.

3 comments:

Lindseylou said...

I love that he was so pumped about the Hogwarts Train! He's seriously obsessed with trains! Cute pics, sounds like you guys had a blast.

Lindseylou said...

lindsey@mcdowellmechanics.com

The Selman's said...

Oh my goodness... Marley is so darling and getting so big. I am dying that I have not seen either one of your kids in person... we need to fix this!! :)