Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Stinking Tickets








Most of you would think that between my 5 month old and my 2 1/2 year old the one who would be waking me up multiple times a night would be my 5 month old. Oh no, Marley is a champ sleeper she would sleep 12 hours a night without so much as a peep, it is Garrick who is waking up. It started out as an endearing little thing he would do, but now it is the most annoying thing in my life right now. Our cute boy has always loved trains, when we showed him the Polar Express it went to a whole new level. We actually "lost" the movie for an entire year. (He never forgot about it and would ask at least once a month about it.) I made the mistake of buying the book this year, now everything is a ticket. Receipts, tithing slips, pieces of random paper, anything and everything he can get his hands on. This in and of itself is not the problem, the problem is that he wants them perfect and he wants to sleep with them. If they get wrinkled he needs them straightened and if we can't straighten them he freaks (can you say OCD). He is constantly asking where his tickets are and finding new ones. Here is where the problem is, he won't go to sleep without them (we've tried and he wakes up hysterical). So what happens is that he wakes up multiple times a night, if it is wrinkled at 1:00am then it needs fixed, if it is not where he can find it he is crying and we have to go find it, this happens at least 2 times every night (OCD). I loath those stinking tickets and would like to tear them up and throw them away, which I have done to the dismay of my bawling boy. I hate the tickets.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Maybe you could frame it and put it above his bed. He might like to look at them at night?! I would have shredded them a hundred times by now. You're a better mom than me.

Laura said...

That is one of the funniest things I have heard.
That is a good idea, Stephanie!
I think I would go crazy myself. Good luck!
Missed you guys the other night.

Annita said...

Maybe you should get a special box to put by his bed to put the tickets in. Tell him that he has to keep the tickets in the box while he is sleeping. You could also get him a robe to hang on his doorknob and he has to keep the ticket in the robe pocket.

Sorry you are having such a stinky time. I can see how this habit of his is no longer endearing.

Mandy said...

You are funny! This is so crazy and honestly I have nothing but giggles to offer you and I know you are desperate for an idea but I thing Annita's was smart, or bring them to school and laminate them?
Funny! Funny! Funny!
This is why we have kids, this is the stuff you will remember in years (when you no longer want to stuff the papers down his throat!)

Webster Family said...

That is too funny. I hear you on the waking up in the middle of the night thing. We are going through it too, but just not as interesting of a story.

The Selman's said...

Sad... it is nice to know it is not just my 2 year old that wakes up every night... mine however... says she NEEDS a Diet Coke from the fridge...oops... :)

Lindseylou said...

That's pretty hilarious. Guess he could be sleeping with worse things:)