Saturday, June 18, 2011

Boulder Mountain

So we went camping, we made a big plan with my parents, took 4-wheelers, we packed 80 times more stuff than we actually used. We had a great time. We camped at the Rosebud Campground near Lower Bowns because we didn't have to pack the wheelers up to go anywhere. We went on a bunch of rides, the first to the lake, which was a longer ride than we expected but turned out to be fun. Garrick had big plans to catch a fish, it was so windy and sandy, we didn't end up staying long but the kids loved it and Carl liked riding in the dunes. We took walks along Pleasant Creek and picked flowers to put in Marley's hair and found walking sticks and rocks. Garrick spent most of his time glued to one of my parents. My mom would walk his pace so he loved hiking with her and my dad would tell him about all of the plants and answer his 101 questions. Marley is such a girl and kind of did her own thing and loved to have Carl carry her in the Kelty pack. The trip seemed like it went too fast for me, I ended up with a blocked duct and Mastitis so Saturday was a wash, Carl and I ended up driving to Bicknell to the clinic. I missed both of the kids catching their first fish. My dad made Garrick a willow pole and he honestly dipped the pole in and out came the fish, apparently he was in seventh heaven. I was feeling a ton better by Sunday and so we ended up hiking Hickman Bridge and Calf Creek Falls. Calf Creek Falls is so pretty, but the hike is 6 miles round trip. It was a lot longer than we expected and we had a head wind on the way back. I have to give Garrick props, he walked all but like 3/4 of a mile of the way. Grady was such a trooper the whole time, he rode in our Ergo Baby pack (worth every penny we spent on it) he slept and looked around and even nursed good in a lot of random places, a park in Fruita and at Calf Creek Falls. I love that kid he was so good. Those winds we encountered at Calf Creek were micro-bursts and there were trees knocked down all over and our tent was almost down, so we headed home a day early. The kids cried and still ask to go back Boulder Mountain. That made it worth all of the work. I have such sweet kids and was glad that my parents were able to come along.



Grady was super hot when we go to Hickman Bridge, so we stripped him down and cooled him off.
If you look at the bottom of the picture you can see my dad doing what my dad has always done, taking pictures of plants



Garrick thought it was so cool that they crossed this log to walk on the other side of the river. My Dad loves that Garrick is so interested in plants.

No comments: