Wednesday, October 21, 2009

H1N1

No! (I just want to reassure everyone that we don't have it, yet.) I went with my sister Annita yesterday to get our little one's H1N1 shots. The Davis Convention Center was a joke that wasn't funny, so Annita looked up another place. We drove to Salt Lake, since I had the day off I figured no biggy. I tried not to tell Icky that he was getting a shot, but I finally did. He didn't care until the nurse was ready to take us back. I am holding Marley, who has no clue what is going on, and dragging Garrick, who is already crying and saying he doesn't want a shot. We get to the room and he freaks out. I have to shut the door and the nurse finally says that we should give Marley hers first. She cried for a minute and then I put her down and she was fine. I then wrestle (literally) Garrick's pants down, and pin him to the table. He cries and screams and fights and we are done. But. . . he continues to cry and won't let me put him down. So I walk out of the office carrying my 40 lb 3 year old, hysterically crying, and holding my 1 year old's hand. It was a pain but hilarious. I was just really glad that Annita and Tony were around to give a helping hand. And yes my 3 year old is suddenly a wimp.

2 comments:

Lindseylou said...

LOL! I love that. Wyatt was a massive baby as well, but I didn't have to carry him. Would have been funny to see. Way to be a sport Marley!

The Perkins said...

I love this story, just picturing it in my mind made me laugh:)...

We moved to Texas just for a few months for Shane to play on a mini golf tour. It starts this wednesday, and ends in February. So we will be moving back to Utah then...sorry the blog wasn't very clear on what we are doing :)