Sunday, April 10, 2011

BIG Day




So Garrick had a big day a little over a week ago. He wanted a black birthday so we started with black waffles for breakfast, we also made a cake with black frosting (he wanted the whole cake black but Carl and I didn't think we'd be able to eat it). He wants to be a Rocket Scientist, thanks to Doc and Flint Lockwood, so the big hit was his Lab Coat and the Experiment kit. It was such a fun day I just can't believe how fast he is growing up, I registered him for Kindergarten a couple of weeks ago.

I'm so proud of him, he is a really good reader and loves school, he is really cute with Marley and Grady. My life is like a musical, between he and Marley there is always someone singing, and the songs are usually about what they are doing. He never has grown out of the question phase, everyday is a game of 180 questions (180 seems to be his favorite number). He has such a great imagination and he is such a tender kid, our home and visiting teachers are really cute and getting used to our kids asking for hugs and kisses. I think my favorite is that he'll come up to me out of the blue and give me a hug and tell me he loves me (he does this to everyone) I love it.

These were disgusting. I don't know why but they tasted different to me.

Not only does he love black but he loves spiders too, so we did a web too. He thinks Charlotte's Web is great.

This is what happens when you put too much food coloring in the frosting. Marley and Grandpa were having such a good time. Marley wanted to wear black in honor of his black birthday, she is such a girl.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG G!!

2 comments:

Widdisons said...

Happy Birthday Garrick!!

Lindseylou said...

Is this an early on-set Goth or Emo phase? I won't make the call; you're much more qualified in your public school profession;) What a cute mom you are!